It is that time of the year again where summer is fast approaching and the desire for a flat, un-bloated stomach and glowing skin kicks in as we prepare to go bikini shopping (GASP!!)
So springtime is therefore the perfect time for a body cleanse.
The Naturopaths at Evelyn Faye in South Melbourne have put together a 14 day detox program which stimulates the liver, kidneys and bowel, our 3 major elimination organs. You may be interested in doing a detox if you can relate to some of the following:
- Are you often tired and lethargic?
- Do you suffer from bloating, constipation or other digestive discomforts?
- Do you feel foggy headed, have trouble concentrating or forget things easily?
- Do you have allergies or suspected food sensitivities?
- Do you get recurrent headaches?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety or irritability?
- Do you love to indulge in rich foods, alcohol and the finer things in life?
The Evelyn Faye detox consists of:
- A herbal mix taken 3 x daily. This contains Milk Thistle (famous for its liver stimulating and restorative properties) Pau D'Arco (anti microbial & anti fungal) Cleavers (A kidney tonic and diuretic) and Cascara (a gentle bowel stimulant)
- Pretorius Probiotic, 2 capsules taken before bed to help re-inoculate the bowel with healthy gut flora.
- Kapai Puku, a wonderful mix of raw seeds taken 1 x daily mixed into yoghurt or soaked in juice. This provides you with fibre which will bind to toxins in the bowel and encourage elimination.