- Add a handful of fresh or frozen berries to your breakfast muesli or smoothie
- Include a tablespoon of Chia seeds in your yoghurt (allow to sit for 10min before eating)
- Choose darker greens instead of lettuce for your salads
- Include roasted beetroot and red cabbage in your salads
- Choose dark red grapes over the green ones
- Try to eat as much raw produce as possible as heat can destroy some anti oxidants
- Drink Green tea every day.
How to avoid increasing your oxidative stress:
- Reduce exposure to smoking, pollution or toxic chemicals in the air such as nail polish, chemical cleaning products, air freshners etc
- If you have a stressful lifestyle ensure you have time out periods and find ways to wind down and relax
- Get a good sleep each night
- Avoid overly processed foods and alcohol
- Check for heavy metal toxicity (this can be done through hair analysis testing)
Another great way to enhance your anti-oxidant intake is through super foods such as Acai, Spirulina and Barley Grass. We at Evelyn Faye have just taken on a new range of superfoods from Passion Projects. Not only are they great for you, they are Australian made and the packaging is 100% biodegradeable. Good for you and the environment!! Also, unlike other super food brands they are YUMMY!
Check them out... http://www.passionprojects.com.au/?page_id=315
We also have the Abode range of Cleaning products which contain ONLY natural ingredients so create less toxins in your home and in your lungs! Check them out!http://www.cleanabode.com.au/